How to increase the track width of our off-road vehicle?
The spacers are an excellent solution and allow an increase in the carriageway with a quick and reversible installation !!! Even if it has become a consumer product, because it does not provide particular mounting difficulties, the spacer must be of excellent quality.
The XT AUTOMOTIVE spacer range is now available in three different sizes: 30mm, 38mm and the new 50mm thickness. All the parts are made by turning from solid (not printed), with CNC machinery of last generation this process allows to obtain discs with different thicknesses (30mm, 38mm and 50mm) with a precision of one hundredth of a millimeter.
In addition to the spacers, a hardening and anodizing heat treatment is applied to prevent corrosion. A fundamental characteristic of the XT AUTOMOTIVE spacers is that of allowing a perfect condition of support on the hub surface in order to avoid oscillations and vibrations.
Here are some steps for installing the spacers.
1) Lift the wheel off the ground and put the car in a safe position so that it is stable and that you can work easily.
2) Pay attention to the cleaning of the base of support on the hub, remove dirt and rust (without exaggerating but with craft) and prepare the surface so as to make perfectly adhere the spacer. Clean and degrease the contact surface of the spacers with the hub.
3) Insert the spacer, matching the holes to the threaded bolts of the hub and that the spacer rest completely against the surface of the hub.
4) Use the nuts supplied with the spacer to fix it to the hub, for correct assembly it is first necessary to tighten the nuts by hand, in a cross pattern, to allow perfect centering of the spacer. Tighten the cross nuts together with a cross-wrench, gradually until they are properly tightened. It is advisable to use threadlocker between the original bolts and the fixing nuts supplied with the spacer.
5) Reassemble the wheel by fastening it to the new threaded studs of the spacer, then repeat the procedure for the other wheels.
CHECK THE TIGHTENING OF THE NUTS AFTER 500 KM, AND THEN AFTER FURTHER 1000 KM FROM INSTALLATION.